Look your best, feel your best, Dance your best
The dress code and hair requirement is an extremely important tool for the correct development of technique and assists in preventing injuries. When the teacher can view the dancer’s body clearly, they are able to make subtle adjustments that may eliminate future problems and help avoid injuries.
For all ages and all dance disciplines — except Hip-Hop, Tap and Acro — students must have their hair pinned back off their face and well-secured in a bun. If you need some bun-making tips please check out this video: https://youtu.be/4g1YqOq518I. If you do not have enough hair for a bun please speak to your teacher as to their suggestion for your hair. For Acro, Tap and Hip Hop, all students must have their hair secured off their face in a ponytail, braid or bun that is neat with all fly-aways pinned or gelled back.
· Pink (females) or black (males) leather ballet slippers that fit like a glove, for all grades or levels (Bloch or Capezio brands ONLY.) These can be purchased at Dance Essentials or another dancewear store. (Ballet shoes purchased at Payless, Walmart and Superstore are not acceptable) Intermediate Foundation & above may have snug-fitting canvas slippers.
· Black Character Shoes for Grades 2 through 7. (Bloch brand)
· Pointe shoes for Intermediate Foundation and above: only at teacher’s discretion.
- Preschool Dance Level 1 & 2 and Pre-Primary classes – Pink body suit. Pink ballet skirt is optional (no tu-tus).
- Primary & Grade 1 – Mondor Style: 01633 Royal Academy of Dance Sleeveless leotard; Color: Lilac
- Grade 2 & 3 – Mondor Style: 3546 Tactel/Lycra blend pinched front Royal Academy of Dance Leotard; Color Paradise (PR)
- Grade 4 & 5 – Mondor Style: 3546 Tactel/Lycra blend pinched front Royal Academy of Dance Leotard; Color Renaissa (RR)
- Intermediate Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced –Mondor # 3505 Matrix Wide Strap; Color: Aubergine (4E) Dancers may wear the matching skirts for the more contemporary variation or a tutu for the classical variation.
- Teen Ballet/Contemporary — any style/color bodysuit, pink ballet tights or black spandex shorts or black leggings.
Character Skirts are required for R.A.D. exams in Grades 2-5
Pink Ballet tights required for all Ballet classes except Teen Ballet/Contemporary
Class Attire for Boy’s Dance Foundations will consists of a fitted white tank or T-shirt, black shorts, white ankle socks and white leather dance shoes.
Shoes: Black oxford type shoe for adults and teens, children should wear black low heeled shoe (1” or less)
Clothing: Females: Black bodysuit (or (R.A.D required bodysuit) with black leggings, shorts or jazz pants. May wear a tank top over body suit – any solid color. (R.A.D required bodysuit may be worn with a solid black tank top overtop). Males: black shorts, solid-colored, tight-fitting tank top.
Shoes: Beige Jazz shoes (soft) – split sole is preferred.
Clothing: Females: Black body suit (or R.A.D required bodysuit) with Black jazz pants, leggings or shorts. May wear tank top over body suit – any color (no t-shirts) (R.A.D required bodysuit may be worn with a solid black tank top overtop). Males: black shorts, solid-colored, tight-fitting tank top
Shoes: Bare Feet
Clothing: Black body suit (or R.A.D required bodysuit) with Black jazz pants, leggings or shorts. May wear tank top over body suit – any color (no t-shirts)
Shoes: Bare feet
- Black Body suit (or R.A.D required bodysuit) , ¾ length black dance pant or legging, may wear tank top over body suit – any solid color (no t-shirts). Males: black shorts, solid-colored, tight-fitting tank top
Shoes: White, non-marking shoes only (no street shoes).
· Short sleeved, baggy t-shirt or tank (nothing tight)
· Sweat pants or shorts (if baggy shorts, mid-thigh spandex shorts must be worn underneath)
Shoes: Bare feet for first part of class and white, non-marking shoes (no street shoes) for second half
· Girls: Black bodysuit with shorts or leggings, may wear any solid-colored, tight-fitting tank top overtop
· Boys: Tight-fitting tank top with shorts
- Bare feet (thin socks or convertible tights recommended for practicing splits)
- Females: Black body suit, black leggings or spandex shorts, may wear tank top over body suit – any solid color (no t-shirts). Males: black shorts, solid-colored, tight-fitting tank top. Acro accelerated — all black only