TRAIN. INSPIRE. DANCE.
Dances classes for preschool to teen!
Choose the best program for your young dancer
Creator’s Arts Centre is a non-profit dance studio in Kelowna that offers professional dance classes for students aged 3 to 18. With a variety of dance classes and scheduling available, your family can create a dance program that helps bring out the best in your young dancer.
Tuition fees for CAC include tax and are split into ten equal payments for your convenience. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Fee Structure
|“First Steps” (short term 14-17 weeks, ages 3-5)||$140 – 200|
|0.75 hours/week||$490 per year|
|1 hours/week||$620 per year|
|2 hours/week||$1150 per year|
|3 hours/week||$1570 per year|
|4 hours/week||$2020 per year|
|5 hours/week||$2420 per year|
|6 hours/week||$2820 per year|
|7 hours/week||$3170 per year|
|8 hours/week||$3520 per year|
|9+ hours/week||$3700 per year|
Family Discount: Creator’s Arts Centre applies a family discount of 5% on tuition fees to the second child, 10% for the third & 15% for subsequent children who dance within the same family. The discount is applied to the child(ren) taking the same amount of classes or less then the first child.
Tuition Discounts: The more classes a student registers for, the more affordable the hourly tuition rate will be! Our dancers max out at 9 hours of class time per week, so any class time over this limit is FREE! Multiple class discounts will be reflected in the final screen during the registration process.
Unless otherwise noted, all classes are 10 month programs (September-June). Monthly tuition charges are the class tuition fees divided into 10 month payments for your convenience. Each class offered is guaranteed a minimum of 34 Classes between September and June.
- All fees include GST. Tuition is calculated on a 38-week dance year and is not pro-rated for classes missed due to student absence for any reason other than a medical emergency.
- 10 equal payments: Due the 1st day of each month, your tuition payments are not ‘monthly’ payments that are pro-rated for holidays or days missed. They are a full-year’s tuition, divided into 10 equal payments for your convenience.
- Family Discounts: Creators Arts Centre applies a family discount of 5% on tuition fees to the second child, 10% for the third & 15% for subsequent children who dance within the same family. The discount is applied to the child(ren) taking the same amount of classes or less then the first child.
- Method of Payment: Creator’s Arts Centre accepts credit cards (set up for automatic payment online) or post-dated cheques.
- Account Payments/Management: If you are wanting to pay through post-dated cheques, a credit card MUST be on file for every account to be used as a backup method of payment if your cheque is returned NSF.
- A class is considered a time of instruction, performance time or extra rehearsal class for a performance. Extra fees will not be assessed for classes that exceed 38 weeks, however, students who miss classes and are required to make them up – either on their own time or in a private lesson (additional fees will be collected). Extra fees will be assessed for exam classes and festival or competition classes and any teacher choreography or music fees.
- Class changes are accepted until September 30th — we want to find the best possible fit for your child and sometimes that means a little adjusting. After September 30th, a $50 cancellation fee for each course is required for discontinuation of a class. If you wish to withdraw from a class, you must contact the office. There is no reimbursement of fees after March 1st. Classes dropped after this date will continue to be charged to your credit card until the end of June.
- Short-term courses, including preschool programs, are non-refundable after the first class unless authorised by the Artistic Director.
- A fee of $10 will be assessed and collected for each payment that is 10-days late and an additional $5 added on the 20th of the month for a total of $15. The $15 fee will be charged each month that the payment is outstanding. After 90 days of outstanding payments, a meeting with the financial staff must occur before the child is permitted back to class.
- A $20 fee will be assessed for all NSF payments. After 2 NSF payments, a meeting with the financial staff must occur before the child is permitted back to class.
- Students will not receive costumes until they are paid for in full. If costume fees are outstanding at the time of the recital, that child will not dance in the show.
- Registration fees are $15 and are due annually at the time the student registers and goes towards administrative fees and Studio SOCAN fees. For families with 3 or more students dancing, there will be a flat registration fee of $30.00 due. *All must be returning students. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
Costumes & Recital Fees
Each recital class participates in an annual year-end performance.
Each Costume for all 10-month classes is $78, due November 15th.
Each Costume for all “First Steps” dance classes is $45, due at time of registration for Spring Term.
Recital Fee: A recital fee for each student will be due on March 15th of each year.
- 1 student in family $50
- 2 students in family $70
- 3 students in family $90
- 4 students in family $110
- Additional family members will be $20.00 each
This recital fee goes towards the facility, technicians, staff and the theatre’s maintenance and SOCAN fees. With this fee, each family will receive a recital T-shirt for each child and 1 recital DVD per family.
We accept most forms of payment including Visa, MasterCard, e-transfers, cash and cheques.
*Post Dated Cheques are Preferred for Monthly Payments. You may also sign up for monthly recurring credit card billing
As a charitable organization, Creator’s Arts Centre is able to offer tuition assistance to qualifying families. If your family requires assistance, we invite you to review our Tuition Assistance information and contact us at email@example.com.
Attendance and Make-up Classes
- Students who are registering in our 10-month classes are expected to participate in classes for a full year (September to June).
- Students are asked to notify the CAC if they will be absent from class. Where possible, the student may arrange with their teacher and take a make-up class within four weeks of the missed class.
- Creator’s Arts Centre follows the schedule of School District #23 for all statutory holidays.
- There will be no classes during Christmas Break or Spring Break.
- Creator’s Arts Centre reserves the right to cancel a class if the teacher is unable to attend and cannot find a replacement. Cancelled classes will be rescheduled as soon as possible. When rescheduling is not possible we will offer a credit to your account or a refund.
- Students are expected to be ready for the start of class on time, with hair done and the appropriate dance wear on (see Class Attire requirements).
- Students arriving to class more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted to participate.