Tuition & Payment:
- All fees include GST. All tuition is calculated on a 38 week dance year and is not pro-rated for classes missed due to student away for reason other than a medical emergency.
- 10 equal payments: Due the 1st day of each month. These are not ‘monthly’ payments that are pro-rated for holidays or days missed. They are a full-year’s tuition divided into 10 equal payments for your convenience.
- Creators Arts Centre applies a family discount of 5% on tuition fees to the second child, 10% for the third & 15% for subsequent children who dance within the same family. The discount is applied to the child(ren) taking the same amount of classes or less then the first child.
- Method of Payment: Creator’s Arts Centre accepts credit cards (set up for automatic payment on line) or post-dated cheques. Debit or cash may be used for fees other then costumes, tuition and registration.
- Account Payments/Management ~ If you are wanting to pay through post-dated cheques, a credit card MUST be on file for every account to be used as a backup method of payment if your cheque bounces.
- A class is considered a time of instruction, performance time or extra rehearsal class for a performance. Extra fees will not be assessed for classes that exceed 38 weeks, however, students who miss classes and are required to make them up – either on their own time or in a private lesson (additional fees will be collected). Extra fees will be assessed for exam classes and festival or competition classes and any teacher choreography or music fees.
- Class changes are expected until September 30th — we want to find the best fit possible for your child and sometimes that means a little adjusting. After September 30th a $50 cancellation fee for each course is required for discontinuation of a class. If you wish to withdraw from a class, you must contact the office. There is no reimbursement of fees after March 1st. Classes dropped after this date will continue to be charged to your credit card until the end of June.
- Short term courses including preschool programs are non-refundable after the first class, unless authorized by the Artistic Director.
- A fee of $10 will be assessed and collected for each payment that is 10 days late and an additional $5 added at the 20th of the month for a total of $15. The $15 fee will be charged each month that the payment is outstanding. After 90 days of outstanding payments, a meeting with the financial staff must occur before the child is permitted back to class.
- A $20 fee will be assessed for all NSF payments. After 2 NSF payments, a meeting with the financial staff must occur before the child is permitted back to class.
- Income tax receipts are issued for dancers 16 yrs and under in February of each year. Income tax receipts cannot be issued for payments made by third party. ie. Home school organizations. Income tax receipts can be downloaded through your on-line account.
- Students will not receive costumes until they are paid for in full. If costume fees are outstanding at the time of the recital, that child will not dance in the show.
- Registration Fees ~ The registration fee is due annually at the time the student registers and goes towards administrative fees and Studio SOCAN fees. The Registration fee is $15. For families with 3 or more students dancing there will be a flat registration fee of $30.00 due. *All must be returning students. The Registration fee is non-refundable.
Spring Recital Costume Fees
For Short Term Preschool programs: $45.00 due at time of registration for Spring Term
For all other classes: $78.00 due November 15th.
Costumes will be ordered December 15th. No refund of costume fees after December 1st.
Spring Recital Performance Fee
RECITAL FEE (For 10 month program only)
The recital fee is paid per family and goes towards the facility, technicians, staff, SOCAN fees and the theatre’s maintenance charges. With this fee each family will receive a recital t-shirt for each child and 1 recital DVD per family.
- · 1 student in family $50
- · 2 students in family $70
- · 3 students in family $90
- · 4 students in family $110 (Additional family members will be $20.00 each)
Recital fee: Due March 1st, 2017
Attendance and Make-Up Classes:
- Students who are registering in our 10-month classes are expected to participate in classes for a full year (September to June).
- Students are asked to notify the Arts Centre if they will be absent from class. Where possible the student may arrange with their teacher and take a make-up class, within four weeks of the missed class. Creator’s Arts Centre follows the schedule of School District #23 for all statutory holidays. There will be no classes during Christmas Break or Spring Break. Classes that are missed due to a stat holiday will be made up within the year by the teacher in consultation with the class.
- Creator’s Arts Centre reserves the right to cancel a class if the teacher is unable to attend and cannot find a replacement. Cancelled classes will be rescheduled as soon as possible. When rescheduling is not possible we will offer a credit to your account or a refund.
- Students are expected to be ready for the start of class on time with hair done and the appropriate dance wear on (see class attire requirements). Students arriving to class more then 10 minutes late for class will not be permitted to participate.
Unaccompanied Child Policy
Any children left at the studio past class time that requires teacher supervision, the following rates will be charged in order for the teacher to remain onsite.
15-20 minutes ~ $20.00 plus an additional $5.00 per minute block thereafter.